WP Publication Archive adds a custom content type for storing, tagging, and categorizing downloadable content external to standard WordPress posts and pages. You can add downloadable PDF files, Word documents, and PowerPoint presentations. These files will be stored in the standard WordPress uploads directory but will be managed separately through a custom post type interface in the WordPress admin area.
Latest version: Download WP Publication Archive v3.0.1 [zip]
WP Publication Archive has been downloaded 27796 times so far!
- Upload the entire
wp-publication-archivefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use the “Add Publications” menu to begin adding publications.
- Use the built-in menu system to manage your publications.
- Add publication landing pages (with template)
- Add publication archive pages (with template)
- Update streaming methods to use
- Allow category archives for publications
- Add category count widget for publications
- Add related publication sidebar widget
- Update content field to store summary in post content
- Fix a short PHP open tag.
- Hotfix to correct a search term issue.
- Normalize PHP file endings to remove extra whitespace.
- Fix a data sanitation but that was mistakenly removing links from publication summaries.
- Fix a broken include path for the Widget.
- Allow targetting a blank tab/window with the
wppa_function and translation prefix to
wp_pubarch_to avoid a conflict with WP Photo Album +.
- Update strings
- Re-add a deprecated tag that I thought no one was actually using.
- Fix an issue caused by unnecessary whitespace.
- Add some checking to prevent All-in-One Event Calendar from triggering a warning with an improper filter call.
- Removed antiquated openfile.php (allow direct file downloads).
- Made the publication list template-ready.
- Change the “download” link to a pair of “download” or “open” links.
- Included publication description in WordPress search.
- Enable URL masking for file downloads.
- Add thumbnail support
- Immediate fix to a typo
- Add “author” filter to shortcode
- Fixes pagination bug
- Fixes issue where some installations could not load files starting with “http://”
- URGENT SECURITY UPDATE
- Fix some outstanding bugs
- Add publications to standard WordPress search results
- Add pagination for more than 10 publications
- Add category filter to shortcode
- Remove an extra space that was throwing a PHP parsing error
- Remove erroneous CSS declaration from post/page edit screens
- Silence a $_POST error
- Fix a typo on displaying the list of archived files
- Adds simple pagination
- Fix PHP error in bootstrap function
- Rewrite plug-in to use custom post types rather than extra database tables
- Add new UI for adding publications
- Hard-code file type icons
- Minor repairs to abanoned script to make it compatible with WP>2.5
- Original release of WP Publications Archive by Luis Lino