Note that you will need to upload your images separately using WordPress’ built-in image gallery feature.
Latest version: Download JS Banner Rotate v2.0.2 [zip]
JS Banner Rotate has been downloaded 34540 times so far!
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the entire
js-banner-rotatefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
[jsbrotate images=image1url|image2url... /]on your pages/posts
- Optionally, you can place the function
<?php jsbrotate(images=image1|image2...); ?>in your templates to call the banner
The shortcode/template tag accepts several parameters …
Specify your images in a pipe-delimited list:
Link your entire banner to a specific page on the site or to an external URL:
Give your banner a title so people know what it’s about:
Height and Width
Specify the dimensions of your banner. All images not already at these proportions will be stretched/scaled to fix:
Display and Fade Duration
Manage the length of time each image is displayed on the screen and the length of time it takes to fade between them:
- Fix a JS scope issue preventing the fade duration setting from propogating to the script.
- Fix an error where deprecated arguments were flagged with the wrong function.
- Refactor display system to use a pluggable template.
- Deprecate older
- Switch to jQuery (issue 1)
- Fix white background image (issue 2)
- Contextual script inclusion and execution (issue 3)
- Upgrade to PHP5 OOP syntax
- Fix an exotic IE7 bug related to linking to images.
- Removes insecure Elliot RPC integration
- Fixed calls to deprecated functions
- Overhauled system to integrate advanced error reporting
- Updated and improved documentation
- Fixed CSS typo for .banner-container definition
- Updated documentation for PHP function call
- Tested to WordPress version 2.9.1
- Modified GPL references to restrict to version 2 only
- Allows the use of more than 5 images
- Removed image numbers
- Fixes IE CSS display problem
- Adds the ability to change the color of the image numbers
- Adds the ability to toggle the image numbers on and off
- Adds the ability to change the timing of the image display and fade
- Adds template tag
- Changes default image sizing to match WordPress defaults
- Adds the ability to toggle the banner title on and off
- Cleans up CSS to prevent interference with other plug-ins
- Updates readme.txt to explain required/optional shortcode parameters and defaults
- Tests compatability with WP 2.8.1
- First release